We support the local cooperative business community in Whatcom and Skagit counties in Washington state.
Why choose a co-op?
Cooperatives offer a more sustainable and equitable business model than typical companies:
- member- or worker-owned
- profits circulate locally and build community
- motivated to care for our community and the place we live
- managed through member voting or democratic worker management
At Cascade Cooperatives we:
- share resources with other co-ops
- promote a healthy business ecosystem
- promote networking between different kinds of co-ops, including social co-ops, co-op businesses, and other forms of cooperative enterprise
Click on the map below to view an interactive map of cooperatives in Whatcom and Skagit counties, or to zoom in on the co-ops in Bellingham or Mount Vernon.
The Co-op Factory: A Meet-up Group for Co-op MakersMeets every last Thursday in the month from 6 to […]
In early August, representatives from co-ops across the Pacific Northwest region convened in Olympia to discuss the formation […]
An update from A1BuildDesign Local worker-owner, Patrick Martin of A1DesignBuild, a Cascades Cooperatives member, was selected for the 2022 […]